Monday, January 30, 2012

Tennessee Restaurant kicks out Mega Homophobe Senator Stacey Campbell


I am happy to hear that there's hope in my homestate. I just read on the Back2Stonewall's blog that the  Bistro at the Bijou kicked Senator Stacey Campbell out their restaurant for his homophobic actions!

Here's the story:
 Anti-Gay Tennessee Senator Stacey Campbell the force behind Tennessee’s “Don’t Say Gay” Bill got a taste of his own hateful medicine this weekend when the restaurant owner Martha Boggs of the Bistro at the Bijou in Knoxville refused to serve Campbell over his anti-gay statements and hateful agenda and told him to leave.
“I didn’t want his hate in my restaurant. I told him he wasn’t welcome here. … I feel like he’s gone from being stupid to being dangerous, and I wanted to stand up to him.”
 
Besides the Tennessee’s “Don’t Say Gay” Bill.  In recent months Campbell has asserted that bullying of gay kids “is a lark”, compared homosexuality to sex with animals, that homosexuality is “glorified” in the media, and that it’s “virtually impossible” for heterosexuals to contract AIDS and that AIDS was created by a gay man who had sex with a monkey.

There's more! The Bistro is getting a lot of support on their Facebook page and now, there's a petition to recall the hateful Senator. Way to go, Tennessee!

5 comments:

Monica Roberts said...

The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice

Anonymous said...

GOOD

Bob said...

Lovely.

apitt said...

Alright.

Unknown said...

Alright!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.