Saturday, January 7, 2012

Kristy McNichol is gay


I thought everybody knew this, but I guess not. Kristy McNichol is gay!
McNichol, 49, who has lived with her partner Martie Allen, also 49, for the past two decades, decided to make a statement about her sexuality and share this photo because she is "approaching 50" and wants to "be open about who I am."


She "is very sad about kids being bullied," her publicist Jeff Ballard tells PEOPLE. "She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different."
I'm happy for her.

source

7 comments:

Bob said...

Good for her!!

Miss Ginger Grant said...

I thought she came out about 10 years ago. I guess no one noticed so she came out again!

Anonymous said...

I always thought she was a great on whatever TV show she was on. I miss her.

apitt said...

I am so happy for her. In my mind I always knew she was gay.

Unknown said...

I had no idea.

Anonymous said...

Her trying to hide this back in 70's caused her to become VERY depressed. I always thought she was gay.

"Takes one to know one"

Joy said...

I thought so, too. I got behind reading blogs and can't catch up, so I'll carry on from here with comments. Those of you on FB know why - those addictive games. Argh!! I held out for so long and then became caught in their evil web!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.