Thursday, January 19, 2012

CW Greenlights 3 Shows, 1 of them will possibly Fail


I have a love/hate relationship with the network CW. They canceled my favorite show 'Girlfriend', but they have 'Ringer' and I love 'Ringer'... And I maybe, possibly, (I do actually) like 'Vampire Diaries'. But yesterday, news got out about their new picks for the fall of 2012.

Check them out:
Arrow tells the story of a wealthy playboy who acts as a hooded superhero at night, fighting crime with his enhanced arrows.  According to THR, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern) are producing alongside Andrew Kreisberg (Fringe).  The official pilot order comes just one week after news broke that Arrow landed at The CW.


Carrie Diaries is based on the book of the same name by Sex and the City author Candace Bushnell; the first book in the series was published last year.  Told from Carrie’s point of view, the narrative follows “the aspiring writer through her relationship with Sebastian Kydd and rivalry with popular girl Donna LaDonna.”  Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and Len Goldstein (Hart of Dixie) are producing.  Former Sex and the City writer/producer Amy B. Harris will be the showrunner.


The CW’s new take on Beauty in the Beast is described as “a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist.”  Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper (Brothers and Sisters) are attached as the head writers, to produce alongside Paul Witt, C. Anthony Thomas, Ron Koslow,  and Bill Haber.
The Carrie Diaries will be a tough one. Do we want to see Carrie, before she was NYC Carrie? The Beauty and the Beast reboot? It could work, if it was on cable. And Arrow? Nope, it want work, I know it.

1 comment:

Bruno Laliberté said...

I am currently watching the DVDs of SatC and thinking of a prequel brings me a slight case of nausea.
If I watch something, I wanna see something fresh, not a re-hash of some old idea, as a sequel or a prequel or anything of the kind...
I find it is difficult to watch new shows with a fresh idea. Have we run out of idea?
:/~
HUGZ

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.