Friday, January 13, 2012

Could Gina Carano be Wonder Woman?


The action flick, 'Haywire' is coming out next week and the break out star is Gina Carano. Now after seeing the clips, I wondered... Is this Wonder Woman? Could she pull that off?

And I'm not alone, Steven from Collider thinks so too.
There’s no need to keep searching for the right actress, Warner Bros.; Gina Carano is Wonder Woman. While you might think I’m joking around….I’m not. That’s because after watching director Steven Soderbergh’s awesome spy-action pic Haywire twice, I really believe Carano is who you’re looking for. After everyone gets the chance to see her kick ass next week (the pic opens January 20), I’m extremely confident that fandom will agree with me. Hire a new writer to craft a script with Carano in mind; they’ll be inspired. I think one of the reasons Wonder Woman hasn’t come together is you didn’t know who to cast. Thankfully, the search is over.
I need to see this movie to completely co-sign on this notion. Here's the trailer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm skeptical. As we've seen from other wrestlers/fighters that cross over to movies all they play is action heroes that require no acting ability. The role of Wonder Woman requires acting skills and just based on this clip Carano isn't an actress.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see Haywire. Her fighting scenes look great. She's beautiful too.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.